The end of May is here already!!! Can you believe it?
A lot has gone on this month and I am so ready for summer!
Here’s my 5 most popular posts during the month of May:
5) From the Surviving Food Insecurity series: Grow Your Own. This series meant so much to me and I want to cry everytime it gets a new like or everytime I see it being repinned. I hope it’s as helpful as I had intended it to be.
4) Also from the Surviving Food Insecurity series: All Meals Are Important. Because when you don’t know where your next meal is coming from you have to make every meal important. I also covered the simple fact that breakfast doesn’t have to be expensive to make and still be nutritious.
3) The third most popular post during May is another Surviving Food Insecurity post: Ending the Day. I miss my grandma and her absolute hatred of chicken. It was nice to be able to share that story with all of you. I think she would have rolled her eyes at it though. We all had a good laugh about it growing up, but she didn’t find it amusing at all.
2) I loved the idea of working through our library’s list of 100 Books to Read Before Kindergarten. I was so surprised, however, that my second most popular post in May was my review of Jazz Baby. Auggie had such a ball with that book that we didn’t even need to do an extension activity. The way the book rhymed and scatted, you just had to sing along. This has actually made it to my “must buy” list. We have been checking out the books from the public library since it is within walking distance from our house. You can read that review here: Oh, Yeah.
Posts 2-5 did catch me by surprise. Number one, however, did not surprise me at all. I love this recipe and I’m so glad that you all liked my review of it.
1) Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken. Just typing makes me want to get some cooking for lunch tomorrow. Now I did not write the recipe, I linked it to the original blogger. I like to try new recipes and my husband and kids aren’t always the best at changes, this recipe was a keeper all the way around. From the 39-year-old down to the 3-year-old.
I hope you liked my May wrap up.
June is going to be amazing and I can’t wait to experience it with all of you.